"> Just another thought...

It's the things that make you go mmmm..

Kisa was a gift to me <3 Thank you for the memories..I also had BooCat adopted for me..Thank you for everything

Saturday, June 09, 2007

News stories.

Everyday I read the news. I glance at it, then think "oh well" and carry on with what I am doing. I don't usually give it a second thought, that is of course unless it is something significant that effects me, my family or my home life.

A couple of weeks back, a major tourist attraction in my area "went up in smoke." It was a very sad moment on reflection that I had. My family and I have walked past it on many occasions, and often said that one day we would go inside it. Was just like all the other attractions in this part of the UK... we take them for granted.

The thing is, I though sadden at what has happened, am also very angry. After all someone has to now "foot the bill" of the damage that has been caused. Especially when the people investigating the "incedent" think that it may have been started deliberatly.

There are far to many taxes in the whole of the country as it is. We pay tax too drive a car, then pay more tax for the road that the car is driving on. Then there are all sorts of taxes linked to the houses..Food..Clothes..You name it. Surely we raise enough funds to be able too look out for out national treasures. Apparently not it seems.

In the local area we now have "collection points", designed to raise funds to repair the damage. While I am all for the idea, what happened to all the previous funds?
I for one am not against giving. I just resent paying out constantly and never seeing a return. I mean, I pay council tax.. for the police, fire and ambulance service.. and every year that slowly creeps higher.. but I don't use them?! I really have to think the last time I had to call one of these services. Mmmm good idea, I might just call one of them for a chat!

But you get the idea.. where does all that money go?

http://www.virginmedia.com/news/cuttysarkfire.php

1 Comments:

  • At 6:37 pm, Blogger Mr Mans Wife said…

    I thought of you when I saw the news about the Cutty Sark. I've been on it, but I was a child and can't remember much.

    The thing about the money is that not only will it be needed for the restoration work but also for the investigation.

    We've had a lot of arsons round our way too, and someone lost his life. Why do people do it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home