"> Just another thought...

It's the things that make you go mmmm..

Kisa was a gift to me <3 Thank you for the memories..I also had BooCat adopted for me..Thank you for everything

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another day in the life of....

I have tried several times to have "stuff" to blog. Much to my annoyance nothing immediately "sprang" into the mind... And despite several unusual things happening, nothing would have really been enough to talk about. So I sat down today and decided that I would just think about anything and everything. That and the fact that my aunty casually mentioned that she has been checking here to see how things are, so just bear with me if nothing makes any sense in connection or logic! (ANNND I’m female so it isn’t supposed to make sense! =P)

Firstly let’s start with a family update.
Eldest child has finally sorted out his life. (at least it seems, there is no telling with teenagers...is there?) He has decided that he will re enrol in college. (Gah what the heck have I been telling him the past however long??!! But then I am just his mother I guess) He also has got involved in a steady little job, visiting pre-teen and young teens to try and impress on them the importance of staying in school and family life.

My “pre-teen” is at that stage in life when just grounding them is never enough, and suddenly I am the worst mother in the world to have. The “Kevin and Perry” stage...just I always seem to have the Kevin one!! I mean... how many school shirts does one boy REALLY need to wear? Isn’t one supposed to be enough?! Apparently not and “mum you are so uncool” o.O (As well as “you still think your young mum”)
That last comment comes from the eldest child, who seems to think that anything past teenage is a fossil *pouts furiously*



Kevin and Perry, created by British comedian Harry Enfield was one of many sketches he had in his show. He went onto make a film based on these two characters.

That just leaves the other children, who are very well currently. Now the weather has gotten slightly warmer I am being inundated with requests to go to the park with the bikes/footballs/whatever else looks good enough to throw at each other in the park/ and mum!

Just got the family photo at school delivered home. My babies are growing up *sheds a tear*. Even my little girl isn’t as “little” anymore! To all my family you all have one in the email =P...If I missed anyone off just “hit me up” and I will forward you a copy!

My mother is still happily living in the next room. She is almost part of the furniture now. Still feels strange at times having her here, especially after not really having too much in the way of contact with her before. They say time is a good healer, though it never makes you forget.

I was reading an article my friend wrote in her blog: http://theres-life-jim.blogspot.com/2007/03/genetically-modified-tomatoes.html and it made me giggle and think about why they do stuff to food. Following several articles (such as the link below) that have made national news articles over here also got me thinking:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6390000/newsid_6397000/6397059.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm

I came to the conclusion that the people who do “reinvent” our foodstuffs have NO clue at all what they are doing. Then to add insult to injury they blame the parents for how the children are turning out today. I “disallow” certain things for my children. They are only allowed things such as fizzy drinks and “treats” at things like parties. Even then I am apprehensive about what they are having... and the results after they have had those things are horrific. My usually “mild” children suddenly become tearaways, jumping, shouting, screaming and kicking their way through the rest of the day. I even know when they have had something at school...because they are waaay to active. So much so that my youngest son came home yesterday and my mother had to comment “what have they had at school today” as he did his 1000th jumping session around my kitchen.

Myself I am doing ok. I have not done much in the way of coursework, though I have done some...and I am kicking myself now, as I want to get a chunk out of the way. I have developed a strange taste for Horlicks during the day...along with a desire to eat honey roasted cashew nuts... mmmmmm (starts to drool)... perfect diet! LOL

Wow I typed more than I thought I would. I think that I will just leave you this instalment for now and then add something again in a few days.

Take care out there. xx

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 am, Blogger Mr Mans Wife said…

    In all fairness that boy isn't just obese, he is extremely tall for his age as well - a lot like my nephew. My nephew has a very strict diet though. He's not as fat as the boy in the news clip, but he's not slim.

    I agree with you that we have no idea what our foods are doing to kids. I personally think a lot of it is to do with steroids pumped into animals to make them grow bigger and fatter quicker.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home