"> Just another thought...

It's the things that make you go mmmm..

Kisa was a gift to me <3 Thank you for the memories..I also had BooCat adopted for me..Thank you for everything

Monday, January 08, 2007

2007 is here..

Well the new year is here. Welcome to 2007.

Just another year older. That is what sprung to mind on New Year's eve, when a friend of mine asked what this year is going to be like. She then relayed to me all her plan's, (just like she does every year) of what she hopes to do this year. Truthfully? They are the same as last year, with maybe a few new ones added.

Why do people do that? Go to all the "fuss" of thinking about what they want to change "next year"? I mean, I live each day as it comes. If I don't like something, I try not to do that again. I am not going to think to myself "ummm ok I will make that a New Year's resolution not to do that" Why wait a whole 12 months?

Another friend of mine is trying to stop smoking. She has had several very sucessful attempts. By this I mean she quit several times for periods of time. On 24th of December she rang me very stressed out. She had "slipped" and had smoked a cigarette. Trying to reamin calm for her, I said don't worry it was only one, we won't concentrate on it.. just carry on as you was doing.

Her reply saddened me.

"There's no point my trying to stop now until after Christmas. It will be the only way I will be able to cope with Christmas. I am to stressed out now. I will make it my New Year's resolution to quit again"

In this world, nothing is certain. You can wake up like always tommorow, go to the corner shop like always tommorow, then have some fool in a car run you down as you leave the shop.

Granted, there are something's that need "forward" planning, I have a few things planned myself for this year such as holiday and maybe decorating..I am not talking about those things, what I am talking about are the things that you can change NOW.

It really annoy's me when I hear that people are afraid to do something different. Why put your life on "hold" if that really isn't what you want?

For example, I have always had the desire to want to take a cruise. Then I had my first son. I have not put my life on "hold", I have merely moved the event along. It WILL happen.

I say this and look back over the blog I have just written. I then stop and think about what it is that I could change at this time in my life. To be honest, there is nothing that I CAN change. But there are a couple of things I would LIKE to change if I could. As I said early, I try not to do the things I didn't like first time around!

But, yeah, New Year's Resolution's.. Why change next year? Why not start as soon as you can? The whole idea that you can just do as you please 'cause it's the end of the year, well, it just winds me up!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 pm, Blogger Mr Mans Wife said…

    I completely agree with you. So many people will slip up in one area or another and then say "Well, I've failed now, why bother?" but to my mind you only fail if you stop trying. So one slip was a lapse. If you keep slipping it's a relapse, but why make your efforts totally collapse?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home