"> Just another thought...

It's the things that make you go mmmm..

Kisa was a gift to me <3 Thank you for the memories..I also had BooCat adopted for me..Thank you for everything

Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm no superhuman.

I have just read my friend's blog again, and she mentions
me in there *blushes* She has referred to me before now
as "superwoman". I am no superwoman, I am just me.

*shrugs*

I write today's installment, in between trying to sew
curtains, cook dinner, resize a photo for my aunty, tidy
house, read to my daughter and talk to the special
someone in my life.
Currently the contents of my kitchen cupboards are on my
kitchen floor, we are walking over a variety of "stuffs"
right now from various linen cupboards, and my bedroom
looks like the local charity shop that just got a
hurricane run through it. Add to the fact that the
kitchen just got painted, and is still waiting for the
finishing touches to it. No. I am not a superwoman. This
is going to take a month of Sunday's and a whole lot more
to return to normality.

I have had various comments on how I "manage" things. It
is a case of having to. My aunty recently commented to me
that I inspire her. She said she felt "proud" of me that
I have managed to face so much adversities and just
muddled through them. She finished by saying that she
felt that she had neglected me through life, and for that
she was very sorry. I replied to her, "it has made me
what I am, I deal with the problems as they may arise"
People are in "awe" sometimes. It embarrasses me. Like
everyone in life out there somewhere, I have to continue
on, with whatever is out there to be done.
No one else is going to take care of my home, children, or even myself,
apart from me. So on I go, nothing out of the ordinary,
it has to be done.

I am in awe of the people who face severe pressures from
their own walks of life. They have to deal with wars,
religious prejudices, food shortages, illness. These are
some of the things that inspire me. One of my children
said they didn't want to eat a dinner I had made, it
infuriated me. I replied that "you will come to the
table, there are people who would be going without a
dinner".

As people we take things for granted. I really don't want
my children to take anything for granted. I don't want
people to be inspired by the things I do personally. Look
around you, there is so much more going on than that
which is on your doorstep.

And as an end note. I am not some kind of "fix-it-all"
freak. I am defiantly no angel. I have done probably as
much wrong as the next person, have way to many personal
problems going on and just never have the time to fix my
own life.

So no, I am not a superwoman. You are, you make yourself
what you are and that is the super person within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home