"> Just another thought...

It's the things that make you go mmmm..

Kisa was a gift to me <3 Thank you for the memories..I also had BooCat adopted for me..Thank you for everything

Friday, November 17, 2006

Lonely nights.

Do we feel emotions stronger as we get older?

I ask this because the past few days I have had a real strong urge to be held. I'm not on about a grabbing type hold. I mean a close hug, in the arms of someone that you know loves you.
I was never really someone who "went" for physical contact. I didn't mind the odd hug here and there, and I always cuddle my kids. But I never really had "urges" of wanting to be held close to somebody. Just lately that has changed.

I am longing to want to snuggle up close to someone. It is a feeling that I can't really describe, all I know is it is also one that I have never really felt. Odd that. Guess it's tied in with the cold winter nights and the longing to be in love again.

I caught up with an old friend of mine recently. She has two little boys. We went shopping. A rather risqué business considering I took along ALL my brood with me. (Indecently that brings extra complications, as they all want a burger or whatever.. I think I need a mini bank ever time we just go to buy one thing) Anyway, she just celebrated her first year of marriage on Bonfire night, (November 5th) and was full of the joys of her anniversary. One thing that I did find highly amusing, was that fact that she is already saying that she "hates the way he does" blah blah.. (and if you are reading this ya know I loves ya ^_~ ) try getting into the double figures!

Trust me it's all downhill from here!

Gah, listen to me. Typing out a depressing post.

Well today I went to get my blood tests. One more week to go before I am off to the hospital.
No. My house is defiantly not ready for my mother's immanent arrival. Her bed still isn't set up, and my son still hasn't removed all his belongings out of the room. But at least the curtains are hanging up and the wall is painted. Remains to get a carpet and setting the bed up. Meanwhile the rest of the house is just a mess. It seems to be moved from one room to another. I told my eldest that when he gets his own flat, myself and his sister will be joining him. He just laughed and sarcastically said I was “so unfunny mum” Well you can’t fault me for trying!

Tomorrow is going to be a headache for me. Yes I DO decide what days I have headaches on. Seriously though. Tomorrow is the day that I will be sorting out the main bathroom. I have already started in there. I put up the shelves, stripped the wooden bath side down and just generally tried to make it presentable. It has been freshly painted, but the kids decided it looked better with green felt marker on the walls, than the original peach colour. So back to the drawing board.

I keep telling myself, one room at a time. That is the theory anyway. But when I move to another room I find something there not to my liking and end up tidying that room. That of course burns me out. So this is taking longer than I would have wished for, and the kids under my feet do not help. Oh well!

Meanwhile I have started to catch up with my coursework, (though naughty me I haven’t done a lot this week) and will be turning in one of my assignments next week. Yipppppeeeee
I am currently sat here eating yoghurt and freezing my butt off. So I am going to post then stare at the television until I fade into oblivion. (all the while hugging my pillow)

Night all!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:47 pm, Blogger Mr Mans Wife said…

    Aiders, just reading your post wears me out!

    I know what you mean about longing for a cuddle. It's a basic human need to be able to show and receive affection. Maybe this new feeling marks a "recovery" for you?

    Happy anniversary to your friend.

     
  • At 6:45 pm, Blogger Aiders or Aider1st said…

    Wearing you out.. .is that a good comment or not?! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home