"> Just another thought...

It's the things that make you go mmmm..

Kisa was a gift to me <3 Thank you for the memories..I also had BooCat adopted for me..Thank you for everything

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cold, cold days.

I glanced up last night and realised that we are now in November. I commented to my special someone, that I should do another entry into my blog and was given a very enthusiastic "yes you should".

Thing is what to write about?

I looked through the comp to see if I had anything worth commenting on. Maybe one of my numerous poems that I have accumulated, but I didn't find anything that would be suitable for "general consumption". So I decided on "yabbing" about what has been happening the past few (or however many) days.

The weather has taken a turn for the worst, prompting me to "attempt" to find the kids hats, gloves and scarves. Like every year it's a task similar to searching for a needle in a haystack. This house must contain dozens of hats, gloves and scarves, but I will be blowed if they can be found. So I traipse off to the nearest shop to once again kit them out. I must be the only mum that leaves these things to the last minute. I went from shop to shop, all to be greeted with "SOLD OUT". So off to the market then.

My daughter has a "pink fetish" right now. Everything must be pink. Took me forever to find a pink coat for her.. I mean a "pink", not a dark one.. a baby girl pinkie one. So imagine my great joy when she announces that her hat and gloves MUST be pink. So off I "trot" to not disappoint my little princess.

Shoppers tend to go crazy at this time of the year.. I am convinced they are on some kind of drug-hazed "got to shop for Christmas" drug. This results in goods being sold at inflated prices and limited amounts of things you can buy. Add to that the fact I needed "specific" items.

It's winter for Pete’s sake. Gloves, hats scarves and welly boots should be sold in their droves. There should not be a "supply limit" for these standard things?!

Imagine my great joy and immense satisfaction when I found ONE pair of gloves amongst all the Christmas paraphernalia. Then when I was about to ask for the price, I saw the tag. No way on this Earth, am I paying £10.00 for a pair of gloves that will only last 5 minutes in the hands of the child who I had in mind for them. AND that was on the market stall, I would expect them prices in a shop, where the goods would last the winter.. but come on this is the market!

Round me I have the three major shopping places. Each have a market. It is just travelling that poses a problem for me. I usually head to the one place where I would expect to find everything that I want. So the places are kind of "ranked" in order of importance to me!

Turns out that the least "ranked" area is where I managed to get the gloves. Including my little girl's pink ones, which she wears with all the glee in the world. Unfortunately I didn't stumble across hats. Luckily the weather has lost the "bitterness" right now, so I will resume again this weekend. See if I get lucky in grabbing some hats for them.

Meanwhile, my coursework is seriously behind. I am at least two assignments from where I should be. No I am not about to complain, and yes I should move my booty and catch up, (HA, even before you said it =P) but with the decorating, hospital visits and re-organising the house, it's a chore right now.

I even brought a laptop so I can "study on the move". Yeah I know I'm finally moving into the 21st centaury ^_~

Mind you, it doesn’t help when you receive text messages at 5:45 am from people, in particular people who want an answer back. So then I have to be more awake and alert than I would be normally. That throws my body clock out of sync. I don't start my day until 6:30am and that extra 45 mins IS a big difference.

Maybe I can "hire" someone to complete my course? Apparently it's all the rage with the kids in secondary school exams nowadays. Now there is a thought!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 pm, Blogger Mr Mans Wife said…

    "it doesn’t help when you receive text messages at 5:45 am from people, in particular people who want an answer back"

    Make them wait! That's what I do. Nothing comes before my sleep! Mr Man says "There's someone at the door" and I say "So what?"

     
  • At 12:18 am, Blogger Aiders or Aider1st said…

    LOL

    Yes but this is the mother ^_~!

     
  • At 1:16 pm, Blogger Mr Mans Wife said…

    All the more reason to make her wait! These people have to be "trained" not to text before a certain time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home